If you want to learn how to get a work visa in Australia, you’re in luck. There are professionals available that can help you navigate the process. If you are looking for better job opportunities, then this may be your best option. There are many great reasons to move to Australia for employment.
Why Should You Work in Australia?
Australia is a beautiful country with enormous potential. If you have a skill that’s in demand, you could make a high salary and enjoy many benefits. Why should you learn how to get a work visa in Australia?
- Better Pay – On average, Australia’s wages are higher than those paid in the United States and United Kingdom. There’s lots of potential to make a living and live comfortably.
- Low Unemployment Rate – Many jobs are available in Australia. The country has an impressively low unemployment rate, which currently sits at just 5.6%. Other places in the world experience job shortages while Australia has a shortage of skilled workers.
- Healthy Work Environment – Australians enjoy a healthy work-life balance. That means jobs are typically 9 to 5 and include many perks and a positive atmosphere.
- Gain Experience – Work in your field and gain experience that could help you move up! That means more jobs and higher pay may be available to you in the future.
- Discover Australian Culture – Working in the country presents a great opportunity to experience Australian culture. Financially support yourself while seeing the sights!
- Clean, Friendly Cities – Australian cities are known for being clean and friendly. In fact, Melbourne, Vienna, Adelaide, and Perth were found on The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 10 World’s Most Livable Cities list this year.
Getting Started with Your Visa Application
The first step is determining how to get a work visa in Australia that matches your skills and situation. Medical professionals may qualify for the DoctorConnect programme which is used to recruit trained foreign physicians to provide service in rural areas. Horticulture professionals may be able to enter through the Harvest Trail, which brings workers in to assist with vegetable and fruit harvests. Other options include:
- SkillSelect – Allows people to migrate to Australia to fill skilled positions. This is done by submitting an Expression of Interest. If chosen, you will receive an invitation to apply for a visa.
- Employer-Sponsored Visas – Businesses can sponsor visas to bring skilled workers into the country. The first step is to find a lawfully-operating company that wants to hire you and is willing to provide sponsorship.
Give yourself the best chance at success by working with Emergico. Our registered migration agents are ready to discuss your plans and come up with a strategy that works. We also offer relocation services so you can do it all through one agency. Visit our website to complete a free eligibility assessment or contact us directly to learn how to get a work visa in Australia.