Want to work in Australia?

Whether you are already in Australia and want to work, or you’re overseas and looking to come to Australia to work – you will need a 457 visa.

The subclass 457 visa program was originally designed to address the labor shortages in Australia. The subclass 457 visa program allows skilled overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis.

This program also allows employers to employ skilled workers from overseas to fill job vacancies if they cannot find skilled local workers.

There are three major stages in the processing of employers sponsoring a skilled worker from overseas

1. Sponsorship – when an employer applies for approval by the Immigration Department as a standard business sponsor. Within this, there are several requirements for employers to become an approved standard business sponsor.

2. Nomination – when an approved sponsor identifies a position to be filled.The position must relate to an eligible occupation on the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List.

3. Visa Application – when the overseas skilled worker applies for the visa. A 457 visa cannot get processed without an approved sponsor and nomination.
If you’d like to apply for a Sponsored Visa, head over to our specialist site www.sponsoredvisa.com.au or click here to contact us.




Leanne Stevens

CEO, Emergico // Registered Migration Agent (#1171279)