Whether your Australian partner lives in Australia or elsewhere, if you are in a genuine, exclusive relationship, you may be eligible to apply for a Partner Visa Australia, which would allow you to live in Australia with your partner.

There are several criteria which must be met – one of the most important is being able to provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship.  Our team are Partner Visa experts, experienced in managing applications to a successful outcome.

A temporary Partner Visa is often granted initially. Provided the applicant continues to be in a genuine relationship 2 years later, a permanent visa would then be granted.

Partner Visa Australia

Partner (Provisional) (subclass 309/820)

PROVIDESProvisional Residency

This subclass allows Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible citizens of New Zealand to sponsor their partner to allow for an application for temporary residency.  It provides residency in Australia, including work and study rights, until a decision is made on the permanent component (the subclass 100/801).  This typically occurs 2 years after the original application is submitted.

Is the 309/820 for you?

This could be the first step in a new life in Australia for you both. Our team are experts in managing this kind of visa. Get in touch today!

Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100/801)

PROVIDESPermanent Residency

This is a permanent visa, and is usually granted to those who hold the provisional visa first, although it can be granted immediately following the grant of a provisional visa, if the application contains sufficient historical evidence of the relationship.  For the visa to be granted, you must continue to be in a genuine relationship with the same sponsor of the provisional visa. Holders of this visa become permanent residents of Australia, with a future pathway to Australian citizenship.

Make things permanent

Do you hold a subclass 309/100 visa? Are you in a long term relationship with your Australian partner? We'll let you know if you qualify.

Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300)

PROVIDESProvisional Residency 

This visa allows holders to come to Australia and marry their prospective spouse.  It’s designed to be the first part of a multi-stage process, leading directly to a provisional – and later a permanent – Partner Visa. Holders of the subclass 300 must marry within 9 months of the visa grant date.  There is a much lower threshold of evidence required to establish your relationship, and you do not need to have lived together to qualify.  This is therefore popular with serious, committed couples who may not be able to meet the requirements of a standard Partner Visa Australia application. Contact us for more.

Taking the big step

If you're engaged to be married to an Australian citizen, you might want to consnider this visa. We can talk you through what's involved.