Moving to Australia,? Then a sponsorship visa may be a good option for you. There are many industries that are experiencing skill shortages. That means that companies cannot find employees that are trained to fill certain job roles. Some of the more common in-demand professions fall under healthcare, construction, energy, and mining. If you possess skills that are needed, then you may have found a direct path to residency.
What is an Employer Sponsored Visa?
Before entering Australia, you will probably need to seek employment. If you can find a company that is willing to hire you, then you may be eligible for an employer-sponsored visa. This can be done on a permanent or temporary basis.
Only reputable, law-abiding companies can sponsor a visa. That means that the organisation has proven that it is legally trading in Australia and has a process to train employees from local areas. The vacant job role must be found on the list of skilled occupations and meet certain criteria related to skill level and minimum salary.
3 Sponsorship Visa Types
Employer-sponsored visas fall under three primary categories. They include:
- Temporary Long Stay Business Visa Subclass 457 – Allows workers to remain in Australia for up to four years, with an option for permanent residency after working for the same sponsor for two years.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Subclass 186 – Provides permanent residency to the worker and their family.
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Subclass 187 – Employer must be based in a designated area to qualify for subclass 187. Workers may not need a skill assessment and there are less strict requirements for the company compared to subclass 186.
Can I Get a Sponsorship Visa?
A number of factors are considered when the Department of Immigration reviews a sponsorship visa application, including:
- Employer’s location
- Your previous work experience
- Length of your work history
- The job role being filled
- Starting salary you will be paid
- Company approval to be a sponsor
- Post-secondary qualifications
The most effective way to find out if your situation will qualify for a sponsorship visa is to work with a professional. Emergico will give you access to a team of expert registered migration agents and eligibility consultants. We can tell you more about the process and determine if this is a route that will get you to where you want to be in Australia. Visit our website to complete a free visa eligibility assessment today or give us a call.