Terms and Conditions of our Complimentary Eligibility Consultation.
When you contact Emergico through our Contact Us form, or Free Online Assessment Form, we will reply in writing.
We may also send you links to relevant Fact Sheets which we have written especially to help people understand migration processes and the costs associated with them.
At the discretion of the Registered Migration Agent, Emergico may choose to also offer you a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation. By accepting an offer of such a consultation; you accept and agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
When might a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation be offered?
- We may offer you a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation if, after reviewing your situation, we believe that it would be useful us to speak with you about your migration prospects to supplement information we have provided to you online.
- It may be offered to people who are assessed as highly eligible; and wish to speak about a visa which may require the assistance of a Registered Migration Agent, and for which they are considering engaging professional help.
- The offer of a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation is discretionary, personalised to you, and non-transferrable to other people – if others wish to find out about their options they should apply individually to us.
People who generally do not qualify for a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation
- People who have already had a Complimentary Eligibility Consultation from Emergico, even if it was for a different visa. (We may make an exception for existing or past clients of Emergico who are now considering another visa);
- People who require something to make them eligible for a visa – for example, a job offer or an employer sponsor.
- People who have multiple questions involving eligibility of multiple family members;
- People who have situations which are complicated and require extensive research in order to advise on eligibility;
- People who have self-lodged, or are planning to self lodge, their application and have specific questions on how to manage various parts of the process;
- People who have received a “Request for Information” about an existing application and need assistance to meet the request;
- People who have received correspondence from the Department of Home Affairs and seek professional advice about it;
- People who have already engaged another Migration Agent to assist with their application;
- People who have had a refusal of an application (whether it be a visa, state nomination, skills assessment, or other associated process) and wish to have professional advice about it;
- People who have had a visa cancelled; and seek professional advice;
- People who are on a visa and have experienced a change in their circumstances while on the visa and need professional advice.
- Other situations, by individual assessment.
Place, Time and Duration of the Complimentary Eligibility Consultation
- The Complimentary Eligibility Consultation may take place in person at our office in Brisbane, Australia; or by Skype, or by phone call.
- You must ensure we have your CORRECT phone number in international dial format; or your correct Skype address.
- The duration of the appointment is 15 minutes.
- Appointments can be made with individual Registered Migration Agents. Each agent may provide online access to their calender with booking times.
- You MUST ensure you are booking the consultation at a time (in your own timeone) which will be possible for you to speak without interruption.
- Should the Registered Migration Agent be unable to make the meeting due to unforeseen circumstances, you may be contacted by another of our Registered Migration Agents.
- When an appointment is made, emailed reminders of the appointment will be sent to you, confirming the date, place and time, in your own timezone. You must check that all details are CORRECT, and advise us immediately if something is wrong. (We don’t want to call you in the middle of your night unless that was your express intention).
- If you would like to cancel or reschedule the appointment, you should do so using the link in the email. Agents in Australia may be working outside their normal office hours to accommodate different timezones; and it’s important that booked appointments are kept, as our time is scarce and there is high demand for appointments.
- If we try to contact you at the prescribed time and in the prescribed manner, but cannot do so, we will consider this a Missed Appointment. We may contact you by email at this time.
- Occasionally, urgent situations arise and we are unfortunately unable to make the appointment time with you. When this happens, where possible we will contact you to advise in advance, and we may offer a re-schedule of your appointment.
What is covered in the Complimentary Eligibility Consultation?
- We should already have information about your situation, so the consultation allows us to gather any additional or clarifying information we might need;
- We may suggest one or more pathways that could be suitable for you, subject to verification of your verbal and written information provided.
- You can ask any generic questions that you have about your eligibility and the process.
- We will let you know how we can assist you with the application, and details of the services we offer.
- We may send you specific Fact Sheets after the consultation which provide additional details.
- You acknowledge that the eligibility information we give you is based purely on the information you provide to us; and in the course of a review of your documents, we might discover other material facts that would affect our advice.
- You acknowledge that migration eligibility may change regularly with law and policy changes occurring without notice, and that any information we give you is current only at the time of providing it.
What is not covered in the Complimentary Eligibility Consultation?
- Detailed advice about specific matters which would require legal research and analysis.
- Specific migration advice, which needs to be put in writing.
- Detailed advice about health and character matters.
- Further responses to follow up contact by phone, email or messenger, after the consultation, to request more information. We may suggest a Paid Consultation to follow on if further time is required.
For any clients who do not qualify for a Complimentary Eligibility check, we are pleased to offer competitively priced Consultations, where our Registered Migration Agents can give specific, written migration advice. Details can be provided on request – contact us here to discuss.