Australian Immigration Sponsorship: How to get it and what it means

Australian Immigration Sponsorship

A 457 visa is a fantastic option for those wishing to live and work in Australia for up to four years in a profession that is listed on the Skilled Occupation List produced by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). To get started on a 457 visa, however, you will require Australian immigration sponsorship. This means an approved business must sponsor you for the duration of your visa.

How does a business give you Australian immigration sponsorship?

Before you can even think about applying for this visa, your employer must apply to be a sponsor and then nominate you for the position. A business can only apply to be an Australian immigration sponsor for a skilled worker from outside of Australia if they can prove that they are unable to find an Australian citizen or permanent resident who can complete the work. To become a sponsor, the business must lodge an application with the DIBP. Emergico offer corporate services for Australian businesses, helping them to fulfill their growing need for staff with international workers.

What do you do once you have immigration sponsorship for a job in Australia?

Once you have received Australian immigration sponsorship from a business in Australia, you can continue with your visa application. You will need to prepare your documents and proceed through the usual visa application process. This can be long and tricky with legislation changing frequently. It is possible to lodge your own application online, however, the best course of action is to work directly with a registered migration agent.

What does this visa let you do?

Under a 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa, you will be able to work in Australia for up to 4 years. You will also be able to include your family on your visa application after you receive your Australian immigration sponsorship, allowing them to work or study in Australia for the duration of your stay. A 457 visa also allows you to travel in and out of Australia as often as you want, which means you can go back home and visit family whenever you like!

Why should you use a registered migration agent?

A migration agent who is registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority has been screened to ensure they are of good character, and have adequate skills and knowledge of the immigration system to ensure that your application is approved quickly and without delay. You can get in contact with one of our migration agents by calling 1300 361 773 – or take our free online visa eligibility assessment online today (link at the top of the page) and one of our friendly agents will get back to you as soon as possible with the next step in your application process!

Australian Immigration Sponsorship

Leanne Stevens

CEO, Emergico // Registered Migration Agent (#1171279)